Who should attend?
This course is designed for those working with a range of small hand tools and equipment.
Aims & Objectives
To instruct an operator in the safe operating procedures, Pre use checks, selection of the correct wheel / disk and the correct fitting as required by Regulation 9 Of PUWER 1998
By the end of the session, the delegate will be able to identify the safe operating methods of the equipment being used. Be aware of the correct set up methods for the machines being used. Be aware of the hazards will cause harm to users or those nearby. Understand and correctly use the protective equipment in the use of the equipment.
Relevant legislation and guidance, to include:
First aid at work 1981
Clean air take care campaign.
- Risk assessment – hazards and control measures
- Machine Types Angle Grinder; Chop Saw, Surface Grinder
- Application and Safe use
- Wheel and Disc Type, Usage and identification
- Spindle speeds
- Inspection and Electrical PAT Test
- Personal safety including PPE / RPE
- Practical exercise & assessment
- Fitting Disks, Flanges, Blotters and Guard Adjustment
If you require Stihl Saw, Chop Saw, Bench/Pedestal Grinder etc. please call our office for more details as these will be a separate course. This is for hand held abrasive wheels only.