Who should attend?
This seminar is aimed at those persons involved in B.I.M. of contracts which require this type of planning and government contracts and blue chip works. This is becoming a mandatory request on major projects and is a key point of the CDM Regulations 2015 and pre-construction phase plans of projects being built. This will include architects, designers, procurement officials, tenders and estimators, project and contract site managers. Others who may find this applicable are supply chain contractors, suppliers, engineers and other sundry personnel with a vested interest in the activation, implementation and compliance of B.I.M.
Aims & Objectives
• What is BIM?
• Who is this Guide for?
• Why Should I Invest in BIM?
• The Background to BIM
• Existing Information Systems
• The Development of Shared Data
• 3. What Manufacturers Should Do
• Developing a BIM Strategy
• The Requirements of the Supply Chain
• Manufacturers’ Structured Product Information
• Open Standards
• The Need for Open Standards
• Early Adoption
• Green Building XML
• Industry Foundation Classes (IFC)
• Construction Operations Building Information Exchange
• Example of COBie Template
• BIM and Facilities Management
• Record BIM
• Operational BIM
• Using the Record and Operational BIMs