Who should attend?
Those who are required to use detection equipment or mange or supervise those persons who need to identify the location of hidden underground services.
Introduction & registration
Aims & Objectives
The aim of this course is to show delegates the issues which arise when using cable avoidance equipment. We will cover HSE guidance, cable drawings and show alternative methods of identifying underground services.
The objective of the course is to ensure all delegates are fully aware of the equipment in use, its capabilities and limitations of use. The hazards which may occur and any specific and general precautions which need to be used.
• Purpose of locating services
• How to mark those services.
• Types of underground services, the colors and depths.
• Interpreting service drawings
• Requirements of HS (g) 47
• Theory of CAT (cable avoidance tool)
• Using CAT and GENNY (signal generator)
• Training, what’s required.
• Grid markings and two way identification.