Who should attend?
The course is intended for those who work in building management, the construction industry and those who work with facilities type contracts, or within facilities functions.
Aims & Objectives
The aim of this course is to develop delegates’ awareness of asbestos, by the end of the training session delegates should be able to:
• Identify the different types of asbestos and their properties
• Identify the health risks associated with asbestos
• Identify where asbestos is commonly found
• Identify practical controls for asbestos safety
• Outline the requirements of the control of asbestos at work regulations
• Demonstrate –
• How to work with asbestos containing materials
• Decontaminate the work area
• Correct disposal of materials and P.P.E.
• Correct use of P.P.E and R.P.E.
• Identifying asbestos
• Asbestos health risks
• Legislative requirements
• Dealing with asbestos
• Use of RPE & PPE
• Decontamination and Waste Disposal Procedure
• Emergency Procedure
Questions & Answers session
To sit this course, you need in date Asbestos Awareness training – we can do this for you as a separate half day training.