Who should attend?
Those that require either a CISRS Scaffold Labourers Card or Trainee Scaffolders Card.
Aims and Objectives
The CISRS Trainee / Labourer course will include:
• Relevant Regulations and Codes of Practice
• General Responsibilities
• Basic Scaffold Terminology (Components & Application)
• Servicing of Equipment, Tube, Fittings etc.
• Boards & Stock – Quality Control
• Health, Welfare, Hygiene & Housekeeping
• Electrical Safety
• Fire Prevention & Control
• Noise & Vibration
• Work at Height
• Accident Prevention & Reporting
• Personal Protective Equipment
• Site Transport Safety (Including Loading & Unloading)
• Equipment & Tools
• Manual Handling (Including a practical element)
• Lifting Equipment Using a Rope & Wheel
• Questions/Test Paper
Evaluations & Close
Operatives wishing to apply for the New Entrant Trainee/Scaffolding Labourer card must also pass a CITB – Construction Skills Health, Safety and Environment Test (or possess a recognised exemption). Applicants should apply for their card within two years of the test date or they will have to complete another test. CISRS scaffolding labourers will be required to repeat this course on a five yearly cycle – as refresher training prior to renewing their card. Existing CISRS Scaffolding Labourer cardholders will be required to complete the course upon expiry of their current card and prior to a new card being issued as part of a new ‘CISRS Scaffolding Labourer Refresher Training’ scheme.