Who should attend?
Only those delegates who hold an existing SSSTS course and provide evidence to the training provider before attending the course are eligible to attend the refresher course. Failure to attend the refresher course prior to the expiry of an existing certificate will require delegates to re-enter the scheme by completing the 2 day SSSTS course if they wish to remain in the scheme.
Delegates who have exceeded the six-month grace period are not eligible to take the refresher course. Any delegate who is accepted onto a course outside of the grace period will NOT be processed as achieving the certificate.
Aim and Objectives
At the end of the course delegates should:
• Understand problems currently highlighted in the industry within their role
• Have an understanding of how health and safety law is currently structured
• Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the manager in controlling the site safely
• Carry out site inductions, briefings, tool box talks and under stand the need for method statements
• Improve communication routes within site activities
The course covers The Health & Safety at Work Act and the regulations relevant to the construction industry. To include:
• Current enforcement priorities / HSE / Environment
• Fire risks and emergency procedures and reporting
• Best practice updates:
o Noise and vibration
o Drugs and alcohol
o Stress factors
• Dynamic risk assessment procedures
• Hazardous substances
• Work at Height
• Manual Handling
• Tool box talks
It also includes recent changes in accepted working practices. For those who successfully complete the course there is a recognised certificate.
Please note that the price of this course is inclusive of CITB Registration fees (£87.00+VAT)