IOSH Managing Safely (Timescale: 3 day session)
Who should attend?Designed for Managers and Supervisors providing them with an introduction to safety and health in the workplace and those who are required to manage efficiently and effectively, in accordance with their Organisation’s safety policy and best practice in safety and health legislation.
ProgrammeThe course equips delegates in how to apply sound management principles to safety and health issues as part of a total management strategy, rather than on details of technical controls or legislative requirements. The course aims to provide these people with the competencies they require.
On successful completion of the delegates will be able to:-
• Explain ‘working safely’
• Explain the component parts of a recognised safety management system such as HSG65 or BS8800 and appreciate the role of risk assessment within the system.
• Compare safety management systems with other management systems and describe how to integrate systems successfully if appropriate.
• Identify the data and techniques required to produce an adequate record of an incident and demonstrate the procedure for an accident investigation, recognising the human factors involved.
• Describe statutory requirements for reporting and procedures for checking non-reporting;
• Describe methods of basic trend and epidemiological analysis for reactive monitoring techniques
• Define hazards and risks and describe the legal requirements for risk assessment.
• Demonstrate a practical understanding of a quantitative risk technique and the data required for records.
• Identify workplace precaution hierarchies and the criteria for types of workplace precautions and controls.
• Prepare and use active monitoring checklists and implement schedules for active monitoring, recording results and analysing records.
• Explain the purposes and techniques of a health & safety audit.
• Outline the main provisions of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Management of Health & Safety Work Regulations 1992.
The above price includes the IOSH registration fee of £48.00 + VAT