This course enables a candidate to select, monitor, manage and plan the correct use of Harnesses and lanyards for use in a MEWP. At the end of this course candidates will do the User assessment on their practical application of the knowledge gained during the theory training.
At the end of the course the candidate will:
• Understand how to correctly identify and select the appropriate form of personal protection against falls from MEWPs.
• Understand how to check, use, maintain and store a harness and lanyard with the manufacturer’s instructions.
• Understand how to correctly fit and adjust a harness and lanyard.
• Demonstrate competence in the correct pre-use check of a harness and lanyard.
• Demonstrate competence in how to correctly fit and adjust a harness and lanyard for use in a MEWP
• Demonstrate the correct anchor point to attach the lanyard to in a MEWP and adjust the lanyard to be effective.
Please note this course covers no inspection training – this is covered on the IPAF Harness Inspector course.