Who should attend?
This course is aimed at personnel who are or will be responsible for using MEWPs (Trailer Mounted Booms, Scissorlifts, Cherry Pickers etc) in the work place. All delegates wishing to attend the IPAF Demonstrator training course must have successfully completed the IPAF Operator Course prior to attending and hold a valid IPAF PAL Operator Card in the category that they wish to be trained to demonstrator level. Each delegate that wishes to be considered as a Demonstrator should have a reasonable knowledge of good site safety practice, be confident and a good communicator.
Aims & Objectives
The IPAF Demonstrator Course delivers a minimum of 7 hours of both classroom and practical instruction on to correctly carrying out the required tasks involved in the role of Demonstrator which is to familiarise operators with their responsibilities and demonstrate pre-operational and safe operating procedure and the limitations of MEWPs.
At the end of the course the trainee will be able to carry out the required tasks involved in the role of Demonstrator which is to familiarise operators with their responsibilities and demonstrate pre-operational and safe operating procedure and the limitations of MEWPs.
Successful delegates will gain an understanding of current relevant legislation and best practice on a range of MEWPs and be able to carry out a pre-use inspection and most importantly use them safely, in line with current approved methods and manufacturer’s instructions.
The course agenda includes:
• Introduction to IPAF and MEWPs
• Health & Safety legislation & regulations
• Limitations and use of mobile elevating work platforms
• Identifying controls, safety devices and warning alarms
• Daily and routine inspection and servicing requirements
• Setting up in preparation for work
• Ground and site conditions
• Safe operating techniques
• Emergency lowering procedures
• Manufactures instruction manuals
• Different hire terms and conditions
• The use of fall arrest equipment
• Multiple choice test paper
• Practical demonstrating test