Who should attend?
This one-day course is suitable for staff with management or supervisory responsibilities.
This course meets the basic environmental knowledge that the sub-contract chain is required to prove to major contractors. It also covers the environmental aspects of the CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test.
This Site Environmental Awareness training course aims to enable Site Supervisors and Site Managers to:
• Understand the environmental impacts of construction processes.
• Understand the relevant legislation and how to regulate it.
• Understand how to achieve compliance.
• Understand best practice techniques to use on site.
• This SEATS training course contains the following topics:
• Why is the environment important?
• Environmental Management Systems.
• Contaminated Land.
• Waste Management.
• Pollution and Water Management.
• Being a Good Neighbour.
• Energy and Resources.
You must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. You will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple- choice test.
Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate.